Thursday 1 March 2012

Makeshift

A c c e s s o r i e s -

The use of 'found objects' is something that I've always enjoyed. My favourite elective at RMIT was accessories, where we dedicated six weeks to jewellery - mostly made from bits and bobs found either at home, at hardware stores, or supplied to us in class. I spent many hours by candle light, heating up a pin and poking it through various black plastic scraps to create this 'Plastic Fabulous' number. 

I always enjoy trying to find the right aesthetic balance and of course, honing in on those finer details. My garment design is the same, though accessory making provides a more instantaneous outcome. The repetition and quantity that I felt was important to some of Margiela's Artisanal work, also delivered a simple, yet effective outcome with my bullet necklace.












B l o n d e s  t o  B r u n e t t e s -

During the first semester of third year, an opportunity to arose to design and create the window display for hair salon, Blondes to Brunettes. 365 Days of Design is about showcasing the work of RMIT students, who have full reign over the display itself. My peer Jon, who I collaborated with, said: 


“We wanted to embrace the idea of working as a duo, by combining our personal interests and themes explored through Studio work this semester; ideas associated with ornament and decoration came up, united with a shared love for accessories." 


       







No comments:

Post a Comment