Monday 26 March 2012

Barbie trashes her dream house



H o a r d i n g - 

I came across these photos through a blog, Unclutterer, which provides daily 'tips on how to organise your home and office'. Initially, I thought I was looking at some more awful hoarding images, where a person's belongings has reduced the quality of their living space. Upon second glance, I came to realise that the scene had actually been produced in 1/6th scale! Carrie M. Becker is a collector of "everything tiny". Titled, Barbie Trashes Her Dream House, I thought I'd upload just because the detail is so astounding.

My intrige with consumption, and perhaps hoarding as an extremidy, comes down to my view of fashion. Though I'm obviously directly involved and activly participating in the cycle of fashion, I do have a love-hate relationship. I don't quite know how to describe it, but I guess I'm responding to the fast-fashion-ish nature of things. I just can't bring myself to live it, breathe it like some people do - obessesively following and exhausting all avenues to stay ahead of the masses.

So am I looking at reacting against the typical viewpoint of what fashion, in all of its superficiality, is about? Maybe rather just commenting on the nature of the fashion system. Our lives are over-stimulated, as is the notion of fashion. I think I'd like my collection to reflect this.






















No comments:

Post a Comment